View all images of St. Lucas UCC
|1889-90||Church is built|
|c1920||Addition in rear|
evangelical and reformed? On July 14, 1889, Pastor Schmidt arrived in Evansville to lead a new congregation. On July 21 St. Lucas was born. Dedication of the sanctuary took place on April 20, 1890. St. Lucas continued to grow and the Sunday School Hall was dedicated on October 27, 1907. The 21 stained glass windows were bestowed on September 21, 1911.
In 1907 St Lucas Hall was built catercorner to the church
Addition in rear (north) replace chapel >1910 <1947
Offices? school? wing added right rear (east) >1962