View all images of Original St. Anthony School/Church
Building was 150x250 feet
Once St Anthony became an official parish, a church/school building was erected on the land donated by Magdalena Reis after husband died. The building was located at the northwest portion of the block, and the cornerstone was laid June 17, 1888. The building, which cost $10,000, was completed in October and the first mass was held on November 4, 1888. Prior to this, services were held in the Reis home. An official dedication was held June, 16 1889. It contained schoolrooms downstairs and a church upstairs.
A second school was built across the street in 1892
The church/school was used for services until the new church was completed in 1896.
The original school building was torn down/added on? new school 1931