View all images of Fulton School
|1870-1||Fulton school is built to server Lower Lamasco|
|<1884||South wing erected|
|c1890||North wing erected|
|<1962||Auditorium at 5th and Virginia|
|1973||School is closed and razed|
The Fulton avenue school building was erected to provide for the children in the lower part of the city in what was then still called Lamasco. It consists of a central building with a building on each side.
Sometime around 1890 "Avenue" was dropped and the name was shortened to Fulton School
tower in 1910 but not 1920s photo
ragland memorial gym added 1927 The school, as well as Baker and White, was closed in June 1973 as part of the school system's desgregation effort. The building was razed later that year. Lewis Bakery is on the school's old site sanborn <1884 south wing added >1890 <1895 north wing added <1962 auditorium 5th and virginia .