View all images of Evans Hall
|1879||Hall is built dedicated|
|1930||Torn down for old central library|
Built by Saleta Evans in 1879 (1885) and dedicated to the Women's Christian Temperance Union; also used as a venue for plays, political rallies, dances, and roller skating hall used often until about 1920 when it was determined unsafe it was razed in 1930 to make room for a new library Largest public gathering place in evv until the Coliseum was built
part of the site of the old robert m evans homestead now public library several plays and speakers including theodore Roosevelt 1878?