The Canal Bank opened for business on July 4, 1850, in a store building on Water Street, a few doors north of Main Street. In 1866 it moved to a new building at First and Main Streets, now an insurance office, and in 1914 to its present building at Third and Main. Through many reorganizations and changes of name, it has now become the National City Bank. The picture shown here appears to have been taken sometime between 1850 and 1863, when the name became First National Bank.
commercial/Canal Bank (c1860).jpg|
|Source: ||EVPL eBooks - Evansville, Indiana 1812-1962|
|Date Taken: ||1962|
View full image
When sharing, please be sure to note the source as several of our photos come from others.